Dear IBO 2021 Volunteers (to be),
Like many other events during this last year, the organisers of the International Biology Olympiad (IBO2021), had to change this competition from a face-to-face IBO to an online IBO Challenge II, just like last year.
Our extensive plans for the IBO had to be either cancelled or deeply changed and we were deeply saddened to take the decision that we could not gather hundreds of students, jury members and volunteers from all over the world to visit and get to know our country.
Our initial idea of inviting non-Portuguese former Olympic competitors to create an international team of volunteers was made impossible. Still, we would like to invite young talented, dynamic, and creative former Olympics to join us on a lively group of young people to perform the role of “Virtual Guide” on this new adventure.
Therefore, if you are a former Olympic Competitor or Guide (in IBO, OIAB, EUSO), or if you are a College Biology Student with a true Olympic spirit with high motivation to help young students, create a friendly environment and get to know new friends from all over the World, this is YOUR CHALLENGE! The IBO Challenge.
You will interact with the Portuguese Guides and Volunteers in tasks ranging from:
- Act as a guide for competitors from every country (each 1-4 students from each country will have, preferably, one Portuguese guide and one foreign (non-Portuguese) guide
- Create new games and funny competitions while encouraging competitors to join in
- Help both students and organisers in all sorts of tasks
Who can apply to become an IBO Challenge II volunteer:
- University students or post-grads (preferably from Biology/Life Sciences);
- Former competitors in any Science Olympiad;
- Former guides in any Science Olympiad
- Be under 30 years of age;
- Be fluent in English and at least one other language;
- Have an Olympic spirit;
- Be available (partly or fully during the month of July (preferably between July the 10th and the 23rd 2021).
How can I apply:
- Fill the form: IBO2021 – VOLUNTEER FORM
Further information: email@example.com
Do not forget to follow us on our social media:
NOTE: All volunteers will receive the same merchandising material as the competitors, Participation Certificate and their names and photo printed on the IBO 2021 yearbook.